Friday, December 5, 2008

Knuckles McGillicudy

Truthfully, I don't have many fears I would call irrational.

I don't like the dark, but specifically, the dark of a basement. Being out in the woods, with no moon, at night, all alone? That's fine, if somewhat unsettling for logical reasons. But the unknown that lurks in the heart of a perfectly harmless basement? That's the hard stuff. Something about night time transforms an innocent cellar into a shadowy realm of potential murderers, boogeymen, and discarded tax returns that remain unfiled since 1997.

Beyond that, I suffer (occasionally) from the very rational fear of the unknown-- specifically, the unknown that exists after death (or doesn't exist, as it may be). This I consider a rational fear, as it's the Great Unknown, and that's the greatest fear of all. The only thing that would make it irrational would be if it invaded the course of your everyday life.

2 comments:

glendoor42 said...

I think all your fears stem from your freakishly small penis, that what I think.

kingmonkey said...

Noooo! I'm ashamed to only have ten inches. Must you rub it in my face?