Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rebecca Cross

1. I haven't experienced this in a while, since I now have a recliner, but if I sit in an armchair with my legs draped over the arm and my feet dangling exposed, it's not long before I start thinking that someone (or something?) will stab the bottoms of my feet. Why do I continue to sit like that? I don't know.2. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm afraid to look at my (open) bedroom door. I'm afraid that I'll see someone walk by. That's all. I don't imagine that the person or whatever it is will come in, but I do think just seeing someone walk by might be enough to give me a heart attack.3. Whenever I ask my boyfriend to run an errand for me, I imagine that something terrible will happen - a car accident or random shooting at the grocery store - and he will be killed, and it will be all my fault because I asked him to run that errand. This fear is really kind of terrible and paralyzing.

No comments: