Sunday, December 7, 2008

Anonymous

I have a long list of irrational fears because I let my imagination get me really riled up, but off the top of my head, Irecall one irrational fear and one decent fear with horribly irrational beginnings. Any time I'm drinking out of a normal cup with no lid and leave the drink sitting in another room, I imagine a snake coming along and dripping deadly poison into my drink. Then he presumably slithers over to some nearby nook to watch me drink my death. So I usually end up drinking out of a travel mug with a lid or leaving the room to test whether my drink has been envenomed or not in private, away from the amusement of that bastard asp.

Also, years ago, I liked playing this old shitty Captain America and the Avengers game. It was a shoddy side scrolling brawler with ridiculous digitized voices and made me laugh a lot. Whenever one of the Avengers would get taken out though, they'd shout, 'I cannot move!' and blink away in death. This always creeped me out as I took it to mean that they had actually died and their soul was trapped, conscience within their inert corpse, left to wonder, in horror, why they can no longer move until the realization of their death dawns on them. Since then, I have a fear of remaining conscience within my corpse after I die. Now that I think of it though, the game was probably trying to represent the Avengers receiving spinal damage that would leave them as quadriplegics.

3 comments:

Sweet Katie said...

I'm terrified of remaining conscious in my corpse after I die too! I have an illness that causes me to pass out rather often, and during the really bad episodes when I start coming to, I become aware that I exist. Unfortunately, I can't hear, see, talk, feel, smell, move or anything. I'm just lying there, aware that I exist but I am just there in darkness. I am terrified that death will be like that.

Victoria said...


My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

David James said...

Apna_Showroom Baby Alphabets ABCD Letters Magnet for Baby to Teach Easily
Magnet Alphabet
New Born Baby Cotton Night Suit for Girl's or Boy's (Pack of 2) - Colorful 0 6 Months
Baby cotton night suit for baby boys or girls new born white night suits for daily use night wear rat k bacho ka suitcotton apna showroom