Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cassady

These are my irrational fears:

1> belly buttons. I can not look at them, touch them, see others touching them, etc... including my own. My husband had to all the cleansing of my daughter's cord stump/belly button after she was born. I wasn't always this way. It all started when I was 5 years old and I was playing with my own belly button. My father told me to stop, and when I continued playing with it he said that I had better watch out, or else I'll deflate. Lovely images came to mind of my floating up into the sky like a balloon that someone let the air out of. I freaked out and haven't been able to deal with them ever since.

2> home invasion. It has never happened to me or anyone that I know, and the fear only overtakes my mind when I am alone, but it is crippling. I will triple lock every entry door and window. I have every possible escape scenario in mind for whatever room I am in. I have items that can be used as weapons in every room, and I will not be in a room with a closed door for fear if someone does come in that it will give them the upper hand- including bathroom.

No comments: